Sunday, October 14, 2012

And then a surprise...

The week after Tennessee, we found ourselves on Casper Mountain chaperoning youth at the Summit Youth Group retreat.  One week of sleeping in a cabin full of teenage girls always leaves me feeling run down, but this week it felt even more so.  Each day I found myself feeling more and more tired and toward the end of the week, I was also feeling shakey, queasy, and just overall...not quite right.  It wasn't like the flu or a cold or anything else I have ever experienced, so by midweek, I started to get a little nervous.  Wednesday morning, halfway through camp, I managed to find some alone time with Caolon and I told him I thought I might be pregnant.  Of course, there was nothing we could do from there, and he told me to try not to think about it too much, but I think we both knew it was true.

Saturday evening, once we'd gotten home and sent all the youth back to their parents, we went to the store for a test.  I couldn't wait until the morning (as recommended by the package) to take the test.  But it turns out, I didn't have to...


Well...obviously this was shocking news.  We had been "not preventing" and trying to conceive for several years and now that we had decided to pursue adoption and fallen in love with our son, we become pregnant?  Does God think He's being funny?  How can this be the right timing?

We took the test to Caolon's parents to share the news with them and after a nice long panicky meltdown on my part, we finally started to accept the idea that not only were we going to become parents, but we would become parents of two children within five months of each other.  Eep!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment