Thursday, October 18, 2012

We have a date! :)

We got great news this week!  Our travel approval and confirmed dates!  We will be meeting and picking up our son in just about 3 weeks!  Of course this news has thrown me and my hyper-sensitive pregnant emotions into a frenzy.  On the one hand I'm so thrilled to finally be at this step and on the other I'm thinking of the hundreds of things we still need to do before we can leave for China!

But despite the anxiety, I think I will just, for now, focus on the fact that very soon I will be snuggling with this little guy:

 
 
Our travel itinerary is still in process, but what I do know is that we will be leaving from Denver on November 10th and (after a couple layovers - Seattle and Tokyo) arriving in Shanghai on November 11th.  We will get our guy on the 12th and spend a few days sightseeing and completing adoption process stuff in Shanghai.  Then we will fly to Guangzhuo where we will do a little more sightseeing and complete steps to obtain Leo's passport so he can fly home.  We will spend one night in Hong Kong (though, sadly, with no time to see any of the things we love of that city) and then fly home November 21st.  We have two more layovers on the way home (Tokyo and Minneapolis - why Minneapolis?!?!?  Who knows!) and then land in Denver the afternoon on the 21st.  We will then spend a couple of days in Colorado with Nana and Pops so that Mom and Dad (that's Caolon and I - how cool is that?!?) can get a little rest and try to recover a bit from the crazy jetlag that accompanies any trip from China (but I'm guessing even more so when that trip involves a nervous toddler).

So there is a lot for us to think and dream about now.  Here's hoping the next three weeks go by fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment