Sunday, October 28, 2012

I can almost hear that pitter patter...

...of slippered feet on the hardwood floors! 

We spent this weekend getting ready - and though I am sure I will not at any point really feel "ready," I do feel like we are in a great spot after the past two days.

Yesterday, my sweet friends, Tricia and Pauline from STRIDE hosted a lovely babies shower for me.  A few of my mom's friends joined with some of my friends and family and we celebrated the new additions to Caolon's and my little family.  It was such a nice time and we got several things that we have been feeling we needed - a car seat to bring Leo home from Colorado in, bath supplies, diapers, toddler dishes, etc.  We also got quite a few extra things I didn't even know existed - including this adorable little electronic puppy that talks and says my son's name!  (He's the green guy sitting on the dresser in the picture here.)  Kid toys have come a long way since I was little!


The best part of the weekend, however, was having my very talented second-mama, Kathy (Leo's Nana), and my dad (Leo's Pops) from Colorado stay for the night.  Kathy has been working hard at her sewing machine for our little guy.  She made him a beautiful quilt and curtains for his nursery.  Then she and my dad spent the evening yesterday, helping us organize and decorate Leo's nursery.  Guys, you have no idea how helpful this was!  Prior to yesterday, I had been piling anything Leo-related into the room in boxes and bags and closing the door.  It has been giving me anxiety as I really had no clue where to even begin organizing everything.  And the curtain issue is also stressful - I just couldn't decide what I needed or how to start looking or anything.  I am SO thankful to dad and Kathy.  They really worked their magic and Leo's nursery looks so cozy and inviting now.  I have been going in there repeatedly throughout the day to sit in his rocking chair and just soak it all in.  Where I had previously been feeling overwhelmed with all that needed to be done, now I'm still feeling overwhelmed, but it's with gratitude towards everyone who has given us a gift or a hand.  We have so much support and so many great people in our lives.  Little, Leo, you are going to be so loved.

 

1 comment:

  1. Awww...it looks great! I totally got teary imagining you going in there to rock and think and take it in! I remember doing that. So much great anticipation right now! SO happy for you and Caolon!

    ReplyDelete